Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tattoo Anyone?

Today, while I was staring off in space (trying to figure out how to do an analysis), my eyes fell onto a coffee cup my friend Ellie gave me. The cup has three tropical frogs performing “hear, see, and speak no evil motions”. I love it. So I took a five minute break and googled the “no evil motions”. Wow, I hit the jackpot. There are t-shirts and tattoos of these three “no evil frogs”. I think that I will get a t-shirt with these adorable frogs on it. Well, if I don’t end up ordering one online, I will make my own. How hard can it be?

Now what about a tattoo in this design? I do want a frog tattoo, but is this exactly what I want? Maybe. I am definitely leading towards getting it. However it may be too large and conspicuous for my first tattoo. Initially I wanted a frog or a bunch of little frogs, on my foot/ankle, but now that I have seen this tattoo, I don’t know. Since tattoos are permanent, lets just say that I will be sleeping on it (for countless nights) and doing my homework before I jump the gun and get one.

I have numerous friends that have them. My friend Eryn has an angel on her right shoulder; Julie has a maple leaf on her lower back (I think); and Connie has a tattoo of a turtle on her upper back, between her shoulder blades. Eryn and Julies are smaller and less conspicuous while Connie’s is a little bolder. Connie’s is quite colourful, large (a little smaller than my hand) and really well done. She loves her turtles, just as much as I love frogs. All of these girls got a tattoo that meant something to them and have not regrets.

More recently, Ellie told me that when her mom comes to visit (this September) they are thinking of getting matching tattoos. That is the most endearing thing I have heard in a long time. Yet, I am kinda jealous. I wonder if my mom would ever do that with me. Mom, would you? Ellie and her mom are indecision on what they want to get. I know that both women love the band U2, thus they are thinking of tattooing something that is associated with the band. Actually, U2 is Ellie’s favorite band. She has seen them perform three or four times. However, Ellie has also expressed interest in tattooing a fish on her ankle; since she studies them. Furthermore, Cecilia (Ellie’s mom) has mentioned that she wanted an Elvis Presley head. You couldn’t find two things farther apart in similarity if you tried. Trying to find a tattoo that mother and daughter both want may prove more difficult then these two women think. Ah, but they will prevail.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Ellie Fish said...

What about a tatoo with the body of a fish, the head of Elvis, and wearing Bono's sunglasses? That would be the best of both worlds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home