Thursday, March 29, 2007

Crazy Stats

How many times can you do something wrong before you do it right? Well, in my case, I cannot say because I am still doing it wrong. Currently I am analyzing my M.Sc amphibian data, which has become a hair-pulling, exhausting, painful learning process. I believe I have re-analyzed my data at least 5 different times (either modifying what data goes into the analysis or changing the actual statistical analysis used). Sometimes I wish I had a little more guidance; allowing me to avoid these unfortunate wrong-doings. But then again, they are teaching me to think-by-myself, analyze data multiply ways, and learn from my mistakes and introducing me to myriad statistical packages and functions that are out there. On the bright side, I sought out a statistician yesterday and I believe he has put me on the right track. This new statistical journey will involve a Nested ANOVA and Split-Plot analysis. Let us hope this is my last time doing this.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home