Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lack Of Available Testosterone

If one decided to scope out the male U of A Graduate students in the Biology department, you would notice that almost all are either married, engaged, or entangled in a long term relationship; yet us women are flying solo. Qualitatively, females are dominating the sex ratio; therefore the men are a hot commodity. Since all the U of A graduate males seemed to be locked up we have to wonder "are the guys involved with other female grad students or are satellite females coming in and snagging out men?" This brings us to the question “where does a girl go to meet a guy” outside of the Graduate Department? People say you can find love anywhere, but my eyes are wide open and I don’t see it. They also say that you can meet men almost any where you go, including these popular places: grocery store, local coffee shop, pub, and bar. The thing with this is, if you find yourself at one of these locations, your not there long enough to actually strike up a decent conversation with a guy.

Grocery Store
I’m sorry, if a guy approached me in the supermarket and asked me “is this melon ripe?”, well I would simple state the obvious answer (with maybe a teasing smirk) and go back to molesting the fruit (to see if it’s ripe). How in world does someone in their right mind acquire a date out of “supermarket talk” unless the guy is super-sexy and you just want his body!

Coffee Shop
Coffee shops are similar to grocery stores, but you’re usually bye yourself, reading some form of entertainment, or you may be with a friend, talking gossip. So how do you meet a guy here? Maybe you start chatting while both of you are in line. Hmmm, maybe your opening remark could be “So why do you come here?” Da, for the coffee stupid! You never know, maybe this will be hilarious to him and you end up sitting together. Actually, maybe I should try that: I don’t have anything to lose, or do I?

Pub/Bar
Now, it may be easier to meet someone at a Pub and/or Bar, but then you have to think about their (male) intentions. Now boys, I know not every guy has sex on the brain when they're at a social bar, but majority do (especially if your single). So, you really have to be careful. However, I like this atmosphere because it’s a great way to social and smile at a guy across the room.

So, can anyone suggest an easier way to meet single men? My sister has suggested that I be more of a B@^>H (if you cannot figure that out, here’s a hint: It’s the B-word). Unfortunately it’s not in my nature (unless I am really mad and that seldom happens). Now, it’s not that I am desperate for a man, because I am not. However, it would be nice to meet more individuals of the opposite sex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home