Monday, November 27, 2006

Winter is upon us!

I hate the fact that Edmonton is experiencing temperatures down to -35 degrees Celsius, while my family in Ontario, are strolling the streets in t-shirts. Ontario is suffering through a warm spell while Edmonton is thrown into winter. The Ice Queen must be punishing us Edmontonians for our mild winters these past few years. It looks like we are in for a long drawn out, chilly winter. The worst part is that I head home to Ontario next week, and with my luck, once my plane touches down we will get a snow storm.
Boy I wish that I loved winter, the look is pretty but the feel is too cold for comfort!

After isolating myself in my apartment for the better part of the weekend, I braved the cold (-23 degrees Celsius without wind chill) and walked to the gym today at 6:30 am. I have been absent from my morning gym rituals due to a bum knee and decided to go back before I went insane due to lack of exercise. I found myself running at a medium speed on the treadmill for thirty minutes and then without realizing it, I got off, put my magazine away and left. What was I doing, I have no idea. I usually do free weights after running and then finish with ~250 sit-ups; but not today. I think my mind and body wanted to get to my office as fast as they could; so that they didn’t have to keep putting off the inedible cold where the wind was blowing and my hair turned to hair-icicles. Thus I dressed fast and headed out into the snowy abyss. The next thing I knew I was in front of my trusty laptop with a smoldering cup of hot chocolate. Now that’s living. In 7 hours I will have to venture back out into the icy winter wonderland, but until then, I will keep warm, plugging away at my research.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that it is so cold there this time. Last year when I had snow upto my eyes and even taxi's were unable to plow their way to my rescue, you guys were at +12 and no snow. At least not until I arrived. Stepping off the plane into -30 and a blizzard. I was not very impressed with that when I had been so looking forward to +12 and no snow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home